Addressing seniors needs and desires
Our Seniors Action Committee is committed to representing seniors in our community with outreach, advocacy, and social events. These initiatives include:
- facilitating Seniors awareness through Information sessions.
- making Seniors feel welcome by holding regular social functions.
- constantly inquiring from our Senior Community what are their needs.
- being the voice of the Seniors in our community in order to make Blackburn Hamlet a desirable and safe community for Seniors
- facilitating community Seniors involvement and encouraging Seniors participation in activities.
- Para Transpo
a public transportation alternative for customers who are unable to take conventional transit (buses and O-Train) some or all of the time due to a disability.
- City of Ottawa Older Adults
a City of Ottawa website with information of interest for older adults.
- Join the Neighborhood Watch!The Blackburn Hamlet Community Association (BCA) is developing a Neighborhood Watch for our community. The Neighborhood Watch is a program to help neighbors watch out for neighbors. It aims to get citizens involved in discouraging and preventing crime at the local level. By joining the program you can learn; How to make your home less
- Safe Winter WalkingPublished in The BANAR February 2021 by Don Kelly, Community Safety According to Statistics Canada, in 2019 Blackburn had a population of 8,468 residents and that 20% of these residents were persons aged 65 and older. Another 13% of the population were between the ages of 55-64. The Hamlet has a robust, active community, with