This year’s Cancer Chase event will be a collaboration between the Blackburn Hamlet Community Association (BCA) and the Convent Glen-Orléans Wood Community Association (CGOWCA). The event will be held on September 24 at 975 Orleans Boulevard, near the Cairine Wilson High School in Convent Glen. All funds from the Cancer Chase event go directly to cancer research at the Ottawa Hospital via the Ottawa Hospital Foundation (OHF). Last year more than 170 people attended our event and over $15,000 was raised. The Cancer Chase event has become a vibrant community event that can be enjoyed by the entire family while at the same time supporting a worthwhile cause. This year’s theme is “Chase the Cure”.
The event will have a 5K Walk/Run along the Ottawa River. Registrants will receive a Swag Bag and wrist bracelet that reads “Chase the Cure”. The event will have a Silent Auction, Raffle Draw and an Amusement Area, with activities such as a Selfie Station and a Costume Dress Up site. Here you can take fun photos for your social media feeds. There will also be a resource display that highlights some of the invaluable services available for those fighting cancer and those who support them. It is also anticipated that this year, courtesy of the Ottawa Fire Services (Fire Prevention Division), there will be a Fire Truck onsite to allow everyone (especially the kids) to climb aboard Big Red.
We are asking donors to support this worthwhile cause with donations of cash and/or services and products for the Silent Auction, Swag Bag, and/or Raffle Draw. Donors will receive a maximum visibility and publicity at the event, leading up to it, and even afterwards through a variety of mediums, including signs at the event with the company Logo, notation in the local newspaper, the community websites of both BCA & CGOWCA, and their social media networks. This year there are three Sponsorship Levels: Emerald (Over $500), Diamond ($101 – $499) and Sapphire $20 – $100). Cash donations (over $15) will receive an official tax receipt from the Ottawa Hospital Foundation. While in-kind donations cannot be issued a tax receipt the retail value of your donation can be a business expense.
To register for the event or make a cash donation please go online to the Ottawa Hospital Foundation at tohf.crowdchange.co/33667. If making a cash donation by cheque please make the cheque payable to the Ottawa Hospital Foundation with “Blackburn Hamlet Cancer Chase” in the memo section of the cheque. For those who wish to donate in-kind products or services please contact Don Kelly at email@example.com to arrange the details.
Thank you so much for your consideration in supporting Cancer Chase. We would be delighted to have you join us on September 24 and together we can “Chase the Cure”.
Don Kelly Co-Chair
Karl Frangian Co-Chair
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
08:15 Registration & Refreshments
08:30 Silent auction opens
08:45 Opening remarks
09:00 Warm up for 5K walk/run
09:10 Group photo
09:15 Start walk/run
10:45 Last call silent auction & announcement of raffle winner
11:00 Silent auction closes
12:30 Event ends
FAMILY FUN, SELFIE STATION, SILENT AUCTION, 5K WALK/RUN
Seniors (65+): $15
Youth (13-17): $15
Children (12 and under): $10
The event will have a 5K Walk/Run along the Ottawa River (see Course). Registrants will receive a Swag Bag and wrist bracelet that reads “Chase the Cure”.
Rogers TV – Daytime Interview (2017) with Bill Horne
- CANCER CHASE 2023 wrap-upKarl Frangian and Don Kelly, Cancer Chase Co-Chairs 2023 With the dedicated support of many volunteers Cancer Chase 2023 was once again a success. This year’s efforts raised $12,900 for cancer research at the Ottawa Hospital. Throughout the years Cancer Chase has donated over $300,000 to the Ottawa Hospital. This year’s Cancer Chase had a
- Cancer Chase Results / Résultats de l’événement Cancer ChasePlease find the results for the Cancer Chase 5km event that took place on Sunday, September 24, 2023. We would like to congratulate all participants for successfully completing the event. https://blackburnhamlet.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Cancer-Chase-5KM-Results-2023.pdf. Thank you for your support! Merci Veuillez trouver les résultats de l’événement Cancer Chase 5km qui s’est déroulé le dimanche 24 septembre 2023. Nous
- 2023 Cancer Chase – Be there on Sunday, September 24, 2023!Published in The BANAR, August 2023 Don Kelly and Karl Frangian, Cancer Chase Co-Chairs This year’s Cancer Chase event will be a collaboration between the BCA and the Convent Glen Orleans Woods Community Association (CGWCA). The event will be held on September 24 at 975 Orleans Boulevard, near the Cairine Wilson High School in Convent
- Cancer Chase 2022 – Thank you!The Cancer Chase 5K Walk/Run on Sunday, September 25, 2022 was a wonderful community event! A cloudy morning gave way to sunshine as the walkers/runners took in the autumn beauty around the Hornets Nest Park and the Green’s Creek area of Blackburn Hamlet. A silent auction, speeches, a selfie station, a refreshment table, a loonie
- Cancer Chase is just two weeks away!Join us on Sunday, September 25, 2022 for the Blackburn Hamlet Cancer Chase to help raise funds for cancer research in Ottawa. Whether you want to enjoy the autumn beauty on a 5K walk/run around the Hornets Nest Park and Green’s Creek area, bid on some great items in the silent auction, take fun photos
- Cancer Chase 5K Walk/Run is Coming Soon!Join us for the Blackburn Hamlet Cancer Chase on Sunday, September 25, 2022, to help raise funds for cancer research in Ottawa, through the Ottawa Hospital Foundation (OHF). Supported by the BCA and many volunteers and sponsors, the event includes a 5K walk/run around the Hornets Nest Park and Green’s Creek areas, a silent auction,