The Cancer Chase 5K Walk/Run event is back! Come and join us to help chase cancer out of lives! ALL money raised goes to The Ottawa Hospital Foundation to fund cancer research right here in Ottawa.
Supported by the Blackburn Community Association and countless community volunteers and sponsors, the Sunday, September 25, 2022 event will start and end at the Hornets Nest Clubhouse,1660 Bearbrook Road. Come and experience the autumn beauty as you follow the course around the park and through the Green’s Creek area. A silent auction, a raffle, a selfie station, a loonie line and refreshments will also be part of this important fundraising event.
To register or make a donation, just click on The Ottawa Hospital Foundation logo. Registration fees are as follows:
- Adults: $25
- Seniors (65+) $15
- Youth (13-17) $15
- Children (12 and under): $10
Participate in the walk/run. Build a team. Be a donor. Be a volunteer. Come out and cheer us on. All community support is welcome! For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 8:15 a.m. Doors Open/Welcome Activities
- Registration, Selfie Station, Loonie Line, Signature Banner, Refreshments
- 8:30 a.m. Silent Auction Opens
- 8:45 a.m. Welcome Remarks and Speeches
- 9:00 a.m. Warm Up
- 9:05 am Group Photo
- 9:15 a.m. Walk / Run Starts
- 10:45 a.m. Last Call for Silent Auction; Raffle Winners Announced
- 11:00 a.m. Silent Auction closes
- 12:30 p.m. Event Closes
Rogers TV – Daytime Interview (2017) with Bill Horne
- 2019 Cancer Chase SponsorsThank you to our 2019 Cancer Chase Sponsors and Silent Auction Donors! Cosmic Adventures Enroh Designs Francoise Brazeau Ferguson (artist) Ingenium National Arts Centre Cancer Chase deeply appreciates all our sponsors and donors, but we’d also like to give a special shout-out to Chris Shaheen, the Store Manager of Blackburn Shoppes Metro. Chris let us
- 2018 Cancer Chase a SUCCESS!Published in The BANAR November, 2018 The 2018 Blackburn Hamlet Cancer Chase was held on Sunday, October 14 at 1660 Bearbrook Road. We had a record turn out this year and more than doubled last year’s registrant record of 80. In total, we had 67 registered Running Room individuals, 50 registered with the Running Room
- Another Success for Blackburn’s Cancer ChasePublished in The BANAR, November 2017 by Bill Horne, Event Chair Thanks to near perfect weather, great community support, willing volunteers, a topnotch organizing committee, and amazing sponsors, Cancer Chase 2017 has turned over $15,680 to the Ottawa Hospital Foundation for cancer research. I am so pleased to announce that we beat the previous year’s
- Cancer Chase 2017 Partners with Michele Karen Chung Legacy Endowment FundIn a wonderful example of how chance can bring together like minded partners, the 2017 Cancer Chase partnered with organizers from the Ottawa Hospital Foundation’s Michele Karen Chung Legacy Endowment Fund for Oncology to benefit cancer fighting causes. Briefly, Michele Karen grew up with many close high school friends and connections in Blackburn Hamlet. She
- Another Success for the Blackburn Cancer ChasePublished in The BANAR, November 2016 by Bill Horne, 2016 Cancer Chase Event Chair Thanks to near perfect weather, great community support, willing volunteers, a topnotch organizing committee, and amazing sponsors, Cancer Chase 2016 has turned over $14,108 to the Ottawa Hospital Foundation for targeted immune system cancer research. I am pleased to announce that