Cancer Chase – A great event for a great cause!
The Cancer Chase 5K Walk/Run on Sunday, September 25, 2022 was a wonderful community event! A cloudy morning gave way to sunshine as the walkers/runners took in the autumn beauty around the Hornets Nest Park and the Green’s Creek area of Blackburn Hamlet. A silent auction, speeches, a selfie station, a refreshment table, a loonie line, and displays by The Ottawa Hospital Foundation (OHF) and Imerman Angels were also part of the event.
Supported by the Blackburn Community Association, countless community volunteers and our generous donors and sponsors, the first Cancer Chase in over three years saw more than 170 people gather to raise money for cancer research right here in Ottawa, through The OHF.
The Cancer Chase committee would like to thank the participants, donors and wonderful volunteers who helped make the 2022 Cancer Chase a success. Due to their hard work and generosity, we raised $15,000 and are one step closer to chasing cancer out of our lives.
Again this year, businesses and individuals from the Hamlet and across the city offered generous support for the event. While it is not possible to acknowledge every single donor, a special note of appreciation must go to the Frangian family at the Blackburn Pharmacy, Dr. Chantal Plant at Blackburn Shoppes Dental Centre, and Sandra Crabtree of the Crabtree Foundation for their incredible support and contributions to the event and to the OHF.
Thank you and merci mille fois to those who donated to the silent auction and provided in-kind support for the Cancer Chase:
- Anne Jackson
- Beau’s Brewing Co.
- Beavertails Inc.
- BGM Real Estate Team
- Blackburn by Shug
- Blackburn Chiropractic Clinic
- Blackburn Community Association
- Blackburn Hamlet Daycare – Centre Éducatif Les Petits Trésors
- Blackburn Pharmacy
- Blackburn Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic
- Blackburn Shoppes Dental Centre
- BMO Bank of Montreal
- Brent Lawrie
- Cosmic Adventures
- Courtyard Restaurant
- DFK Services
- Dr. Cycle Service
- Elevate Yoga
- Escape Manor Ottawa
- Imerman Angels
- Ingenium Canada
- It’s Pouring Art by Gayle
- Jane Cass Photographs
- Jan’s Workout
- Jennifer Kelly
- (Dr.) Kathryn McFarland
- Kendra Brett
- Kowalski Hearing Solutions
- LaPierre Law Office
- Mary Kay Canada (Jennifer Gates-MacKinnon)
- The Meadows Golf and Country Club on behalf of Tom Scott
- Metro Blackburn Shoppes
- Morgan-White Family
- Pirate Life Ottawa
- PSMK First Aid Training Inc.
- Pure Yoga Ottawa
- Rainer Bloess
- Running Room
- TD Investment Services Inc. (TD Canada Trust)
- Tim Hortons, Blackburn Hamlet
- Vie Esthetic Studio and Boutique
- Your Way Snow and Lawn Inc.
Please support all of the wonderful businesses that help make Blackburn Hamlet such a special community.
Rogers TV – Daytime Interview (2017) with Bill Horne
- Cancer Chase 2022 – Thank you!The results are now in! Thanks to the incredible generosity of the community, the 2022 Blackburn Hamlet Cancer Chase 5K Walk/Run raised an amazing $15,000 for cancer research in Ottawa. Visit the Cancer Chase web page for information about the event and a list of our wonderful community supporters and partners.
- Cancer Chase is just two weeks away!Join us on Sunday, September 25, 2022 for the Blackburn Hamlet Cancer Chase to help raise funds for cancer research in Ottawa. Whether you want to enjoy the autumn beauty on a 5K walk/run around the Hornets Nest Park and Green’s Creek area, bid on some great items in the silent auction, take fun photos
- Cancer Chase 5K Walk/Run is Coming Soon!Join us for the Blackburn Hamlet Cancer Chase on Sunday, September 25, 2022, to help raise funds for cancer research in Ottawa, through the Ottawa Hospital Foundation (OHF). Supported by the BCA and many volunteers and sponsors, the event includes a 5K walk/run around the Hornets Nest Park and Green’s Creek areas, a silent auction,
- 2019 Cancer Chase SponsorsThank you to our 2019 Cancer Chase Sponsors and Silent Auction Donors! Cosmic Adventures Enroh Designs Francoise Brazeau Ferguson (artist) Ingenium National Arts Centre Cancer Chase deeply appreciates all our sponsors and donors, but we’d also like to give a special shout-out to Chris Shaheen, the Store Manager of Blackburn Shoppes Metro. Chris let us
- 2018 Cancer Chase a SUCCESS!Published in The BANAR November, 2018 The 2018 Blackburn Hamlet Cancer Chase was held on Sunday, October 14 at 1660 Bearbrook Road. We had a record turn out this year and more than doubled last year’s registrant record of 80. In total, we had 67 registered Running Room individuals, 50 registered with the Running Room