- This event has passed.
Ticks & Lyme Disease Focus Group
July 9 @ 9:00 am - 1:30 pm
Looking for 10-12 individuals who live, work or play in Blackburn Hamlet to participate in a Focus Group with the University of Montreal.
What: Blackburn Hamlet has been invited by the University of Montreal to participate in a focus group on Lyme disease.
As part of this project, we are recruiting individuals (citizens, scientists, administrators, etc.) who have a role to play in managing the risk of Lyme disease. The focus group will be an informal workshop that brings together the various stakeholder groups at the community level. A total of 10 to 12 people will participate in the workshop, presenting their views, proposals and priorities for Lyme disease risk management. The outcome of this focus group will be a Lyme disease intervention plan for Blackburn Hamlet!
When: Sunday July 9th 9am – 1:30pm.
Where: Blackburn Community Hall (190 Glen Park Drive)
Why: Why do you want to participate in this focus group?
- You will be part of a pan-canadian initiative (a total of six municipalities in Canada have been recruited as part of this project)
- You will contribute to creating a plan to prevent Lyme disease that is suited to your Blackburn Hamlet
- You will help to create a community guide which describes the available strategies for prevention of Lyme disease
- You will have the time to discuss Lyme disease issues with other locals and experts in the field
- Lunch and snacks provided!
For more information about the study, please contact University of Montreal researcher Camille Guillot at: email@example.com
To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number and a brief description of your interest (or experience with) ticks & lyme disease. Space is limited.