- This event has passed.
CPR C & AED Training
July 24 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm$50.85
Interested in high quality, affordable first aid training? The Blackburn Community Association has arranged for a four hour CPR C & AED training by the Ottawa Paramedic Service, Public Education Section.
Training will be held Sunday July 24th from 8h30am to 12:30pm (4 hours), in English and costs $45+ HST/participant. The training will be held at the Blackburn Community Hall (190 Glen Park Drive). To hold a course we require a minimum of eight (8) participants with a maximum number of 16 participants.
Specifically, the course teaches participants how to recognize and respond to cardiovascular emergencies. Students will learn to administer CPR to adults, children and infants as well as choking procedures and the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). This course is suitable for any person. Certification is valid for one year.
If you are interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, and e-transfer $50.85 to email@example.com with the message “First Aid Course”. Registration will be confirmed once payment is received. If the training is canceled as a result of insufficient registrations, the amount will be reimbursed. Otherwise, the amount is non-refundable. Deadline for registration is July 15th at noon.”
Participants have the following responsibilities.
- Complete and pass a COVID-19 self assessment
- Bring and wear a mask at all times while indoors
- Wear additional PPE when directed to by the instructor
- Practice physical distancing of 2m throughout the course
- Avoid sharing personal issue equipment (bandages, face mask, textbooks, etc.)
- Perform hand hygiene throughout the course
- Alert the instructor if the student begins to experience COVID-19 symptoms.