The Community Safety and Transportation team work hard to not only investigate and report any safety, traffic and transportation issues affecting Blackburn Hamlet, but they also organize events, including the annual Bike Rodeo that is essential for teaching our youth to ride their bicycles safely.
- Keeping Ottawa ConnectedThe recent Ottawa Hydro presentation to the Blackburn Hamlet Community regarding their work to improve the resiliency of the electrical grid as well as remind community members to be prepared for unexpected outages – especially after major storms – is now live on our Youtube Channel. For more information, visit the new Emergency Preparedness resources
- The bicycle corner / Le coin véloRobert Bellizzi The BCA is holding a Youth Bicycle Rodeo event in the Hamlet on Saturday, May 13, from 9-12 am. The exact location will be provided at a later date. The event is designed to introduce young bike enthusiasts, aged 6-10, to proper bike-riding techniques. The focus will be on having participants learn how
- The other season is approachingDon Kelly, BCA Community Safety According to the Farmer’s Almanac the winter of 2022-2023 in Ontario will be a time for us to shake, shiver, and shovel. We can expect freezing rain, wet snow, blowing snow, blizzard conditions and the beloved cold arctic temperatures! The BCA is urging our residents to prepare for these joyful
- News from your Neighborhood WatchNeighborhood Watch, Don Kelly & Brad Hampson This November is Crime Prevention Month and the Blackburn Hamlet Neighborhood Watch, in cooperation with the Ottawa Police Service (OPS), would like to make residents aware of two criminal activities that are becoming quite prevalent in our area. Car thefts in Ottawa are on the rise. Over 230
- Blackburn residents are training to help othersPublished in The BANAR September 2022 Sarah Morgan-White, Co-Director Seniors Portfolio Director of Environment Tree Team Lead On July 24 we held our first CPR C & AED training at the Blackburn Community Hall, offered by the Ottawa Paramedic Service. Our instructor Pierre Pierre led a very engaging course where we learned how to perform
- CPR C & AED TrainingInterested in high quality, affordable first aid training? The Blackburn Community Association has arranged for a four hour CPR C & AED training by the Ottawa Paramedic Service, Public Education Section. Training will be held Sunday July 24th from 8h30am to 12:30pm (4 hours), in English and costs $45+ HST/participant. The training will be held