Seniors Action Committee
Stay tuned for more information about the 5th annual SIN in the Hamlet (Seniors Information Night) in October 2019.
Our Seniors Action Committee is committed to representing seniors in our community with outreach, advocacy, and social events.
The Blackburn Hamlet 50+ Seniors Action Committee is a Community Group focused on the needs and desires of Seniors in Blackburn Hamlet.
- To facilitate Seniors awareness through Information sessions.
- To make Seniors feel welcome by holding regular social functions.
- To constantly inquire from our Senior Community what are their needs.
- To be the voice of the Seniors in our community in order to make Blackburn Hamlet a desirable and safe community for Seniors
- To facilitate community Seniors involvement and encouraging Seniors participation in activities.
For more information, please contact Beverly McGrath by email or by phone at (613) 853-6219.
Para Transpo – A public transportation alternative for customers who are unable to take conventional transit (buses and O-Train) some or all of the time due to a disability.
City of Ottawa Older Adults site – The City of Ottawa maintains a website with information of interest for older adults.