Did you know that Blackburn Hamlet boasts 11 city-owned parks, as well as 6 schoolyards, the Gloucester Allotment Gardens, and connections to the NCC Greenbelt pathways? If you haven’t had the chance to visit all the parks and greenspaces in the Hamlet, now’s your chance! With support from the 2020 TD Park People grants program, the Blackburn Community Association Environment Committee has put together a Park Challenge to get you outside enjoying nature, and learning about the environment.
The challenge will take place during July and August, and is an activity-based scavenger hunt designed to get people to explore all the parks in the Hamlet. All households in Blackburn Hamlet are welcome to submit one entry for your chance to win a prize!
To enter, download the entry form, complete as many of the activities as you can. You do not need to complete all activities on the list to enter, and winners will be selected at random. Please submit the entry form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 1, 2020, using the subject ‘Park Challenge’. If you take any photos of the challenge, feel free to share them on Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #BHParkChallenge.
Please note, due to the ever changing COVID-19 pandemic, you must follow all municipal and provincial physical distancing and gathering rules that are in effect while participating in these activities. The BCA will not be responsible for violations.
Whenever possible, please use eco-friendly ways to get to the parks, such as walking or riding a bike. We’d also like to remind you to not pick plants, to obey any signs asking you to stay on pathways, to observe wild animals from a distance, and to leave nature the way you found it!
1. Contest is open to residents of Blackburn Hamlet.
2. One entry per household.
3. The form must be submitted by a resident of legal age in Ontario
4. To be eligible for the draw, the contestant information must be filled in on the entry form, and at least 5 of the 20 activities must be completed.
5. Winners will be selected at random for one of the 4 prizes (valued at approximately $40)
6. Entrants who complete all 20 tasks will be entered to win an additional prize (valued at approximately $40)
7. Winners will be contacted via the email address provided when the form is submitted.
8. Please follow all municipal and provincial physical distancing and gathering rules that are in effect while participating in these activities. The BCA will not be responsible for violations.