The BANAR is published and delivered five times a year to Blackburn homes and businesses to celebrate community and provide information on local programs and events. Local businesses use the BANAR to stay “top of mind” to their present and future customers. Past and current copies are available at the Blackburn Library while quantities last.
The BANAR is a high quality 28+ page, black print 8.5 x 11 inch magazine. Printing and other costs are covered by advertisers and the BCA. PDFs of past and the present issues of the BANAR are available for download on this page.
Deadlines and Delivery Dates
- Deadline March 18, 2020 / Delivery by April 6, 2020
- Deadline May 6, 2020 / Delivery by May 25, 2020
- Deadline Aug 12, 2020 / Delivery by Aug 31, 2020
- Deadline Oct 15, 2020 / Delivery by Nov 2, 2020
- Deadline January 15, 2021 / Delivery by February 5, 2021
The BCA cannot guarantee delivery by the posted dates although every effort is made to have delivery completed by the last date posted. If you have not received your BANAR by that date please email email@example.com. The Blackburn Library receives BANARs on the first day of delivery if you wish to pick one up.
Circulation for the September to April issues is 4,000; June issue is 4,500 (Fun Fair issue). The BANAR is delivered to Blackburn homes and businesses by local community groups.
Additional copies of the BANAR are available at the Blackburn Library, Metro, Shoppers Drug Mart and Tim Hortons while quantities last.
BANAR Distribution is being coordinated by Joanne Smith; please e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertising & Article Submission
For advertising pricing, article submission questions, and business profile information, please e-mail our Editor, Kendra Brett at email@example.com.
- Articles and announcements should include the “Subject Title” in the email subject line and the content should either be included in the email or attached as a Word document.
- Send Ads in one of the sizes below—high resolution pdf format will enhance the quality of your ad.
- Articles or ads received after the deadline may or may not appear depending on space availability.
- Illustrations and photos need a high resolution (300 dpi or larger). (Low resolution photos will appear fuzzy in print and maybe online.)
The editor reserves the right to make changes/corrections to articles and announcements.
Business Profile: Free profile for 1st time annual subscribers of “C” size and up ads. Please send a rough draft written in the 3rd person approximately 200 to 250 words plus photo (or more text). Value $175.
SIZES for BOXED ADS (Dimensions: wide x high)
- A) Business card• 3.65 w x 2 h: $50/issue ($225 for 5 issues) plus HST
- B) 3.65 w x 2.75 h / 4.95 w x 2 h: $60/issue ($270 for 5 issues) plus HST
- C) 4.95 w x 2.75 h / 3.65 w x 4.25 h: $80/issue ($360 for 5 issues) plus HST
- D) 3.65 w x 5.25 h / 4.95 w x 4 h: $100/issue ($450 for 5 issues) plus HST
- E) 7.5 w x 4.25 h / 4.95 w x 6.25 h: $140/issue ($630 for 5 issues) plus HST
- F) 4.95 w x 9.25 h: $200/issue ($900 for 5 issues) plus HST
- Page (7.5 w x 9.5 h): $300/issue ($1350 for 5 issues) Back cover when available. plus HST
Note that with a Subscription of 5 ads you receive 10% discount
The Blackburn Community Association. does not endorse or guarantee products or services advertised in the BANAR or take responsibility for the print or web quality or legalities of photos and artwork provided by advertisers for the BANAR or the BCA website.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.